Long distance


There are days you feel just messy. It’s like a piece of you is missing and every action takes the double amount of effort. Just like a kid, who’s favourite toy got taken away. It is like he is present and always around you because he is constantly in your thoughts.
Other days are very busy. You don’t have time to think about it and sometimes you even completely forget.
And last but not least there are these days when the last phone call is days ago and you slowly get used to the distance. Then you realise, that you can’t remember the sound of his voice or how it is when he holds you in his arms. On these days he is miles away.




So far away from where you are
These miles have torn us worlds apart
And I miss you

So far away from where you are
I'm standing underneath the stars
And I wish you were here

I miss the way the sunshine would light up your face
I miss all the little things
I never thought that they'd mean everything to me
I miss you and I wish you were here

I feel the beating of your heart
I see the shadows of your face
Just know that wherever you are
I miss you and I wish you were here

From where you are - Lifehouse


I find the map and draw a straight line
Over rivers, farms and state lines
The distance from A to where you'd B
It's only finger-lengths that I see
I touch the place where I'd find your face
My fingers in creases of distant dark places

And miles from where you are
I lay down on the cold ground
I pray that something picks me up
And sets me down in your warm arms

After I have travelled so far
We'd set the fire to the third bar
We'd share each other like an island
Until exhausted close our eyelids
And dreaming pick up from
The last place we left off
Your soft skin is weeping
A joy you can't keep in

Set the fire to the third bar - Snow Patrol


Labels: ,